Thursday 20 October 2011

Bioshock splicer mask

Halloween is close approaching and my friends and I have decided to all go as splicers from the fantastic game Bioshock.  We are all making different masks and I chose to be the bunny/ rabbit splicer.  I had a quick look on the google tubes for any rabbit masks I could purchase and modify but couldn't find anything that would be suitable. So here is what I did....

Firstly I casted the upper half of my face with plaster bandages, which are quite cheap from craft shops.
 I made a small ridge at the top over the hair so I could attach some ears later.  A great advantage of making a mask this way is that it will fit your face perfectly and snuggly when you wear it later on.

 I cut some cardboard in the shape of rabbit ears and attached them with more plaster at the back of the mask.






Next, I built up the mask with plaster bandages to make it smoother and more rigid. I trimmed under the nose to make it look more bunny shaped and added three elastic straps to the sides.  Three was needed because the plaster can get heavy after a few layers.

 Finally I added the detail using some gold paint I had lying around.  All I have to do now is add lots of blood splatter and maybe draw on a few fake cracks...I'm still undecided.


 I am pleased with the result considering the small amount of time I used on this project.  I will post pictures of me and my splicer buddies after halloween.
Sooooo excited now


No comments:

Post a Comment